While braces are important when it comes to straightening your teeth and achieving a sensational smile, they are going to affect the way you live your life during your treatment, as well as how you look. This is why many people do everything they possible can to get braces off sooner. While this may be the case for you, you don’t want to get your braces off before they have accomplished their task and helped you achieve a straight smile. There are no magic fixes that will get your teeth to move into position instantly, but there are several things you can do to aid the movement of your teeth and try to get your braces off as quickly as you can.
How to Get Braces Off Sooner
Here are a few things that you can do to help get your braces off in a shorter amount of time:
- Chop up those solid foods – make an effort to cut up foods like vegetables and raw fruits as well as hard-crusted bread. Cut these items up into bite-sized pieces to reduce pressure on your braces when you are eating.
- Practice good oral hygiene – good oral hygiene can help your teeth move into the desired position quicker, which means less time wearing braces.
- Stay away from sugary, hard foods and fizzy drinks – try to avoid foods like bubblegum, popcorn, toffee, cookies, nuts and caramels. Also, avoid chewing on ice cubes or drinking fizzy drinks. All of these risks damaging your braces and even resulting in tooth decay.
- Don’t push your teeth – things like playing with the elastics and biting your nails can extend the amount of time you may have to wear your braces and can push your teeth out of line. Make an effort to ditch those bad habits.
- Only chew on food – never chew on things like straws or pens which can damage your braces and lead to extra time in the orthodontist’s chair.
- Don't miss any appointments - delays in progress are ultimately a delay in getting your braces removed
If you want straight, unencumbered teeth fast, follow our tips on how to get braces off sooner. Book an appointment at Fine Orthodontics to discuss your treatment plan.